Monday, October 17, 2011

And So It Begins

I'm getting old. I just turned 24 yesterday and my biological clock is ticking apparently. I would love to get married and have a family but it's looking less and less likely at this point in my life, so I've put a lot of thought into online dating.

I used to laugh hysterically at the online dating commercials and think, "Wow, desperate." Then I moved back to Odessa after college. Slim pickings. I love Jesus, so I'm looking for a man who loves Jesus more than he will love me. Problem is, I also love my church and there are about zero single men my age there. I also work at a very small school with no single men. So, I pretty much have no opportunity to meet single guys because the bar scene is not really my thing.

I'm a bit conflicted because I'm pretty sure God is big enough to bring me whoever He has for me whenever He's ready, but curiosity got the best of me. I made an account on a very publicized dating site and discovered that there are nice guys in my general vicinity that I probably would never meet otherwise. So, I sought the counsel of my parents and a couple of very trusted friends, paid for the subscription, and here we go! One of my advisers suggested I blog about my experience, so that's what I'm doing.

Day 1
Over the last week or 2 I have been matched with about 60 men, and have received icebreaker questions from about 7 of them. There are a wide variety of guys- lots of military and ministry and pretty much all of them claim to know and love Jesus. Some of them are musicians, most of them are sports enthusiasts, and a lot of them seem pretty fun.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic and wondering where all of this will go.
We shall see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog has no title, that's sad. And, I'll def be praying for you about the online thing... it's crossed my mind before, g-land can make odessa look like a metroplex AND I live and work where people are constantly trying to set/pair you up... fun times...

Lyndsey said...

Hahaha! I love you Holly, and I have thought the same thing about where you're at. Good times. Keep checking back b/c I think you'll get a kick out of this ordeal.